596 Signal Company


OIF I & III History
Compiled by 2LT Vanara Soeung
Nov 2005

OIF 1: April 28, 2003 – April 15, 2004

OIF 04-06: February 1, 2005 - 

                        1st Platoon                            

Platoon Leader: 1LT Sullivan
Platoon Sergeant: SFC David


Local Subscribers:

HHC, 3rd Brigade
Hawk Troop 1st CAV.
HHC, 70 EN
HHC, 4-1 FA
C Company 501st MI


N77, 596 Signal Company, Fort Riley
N70, 141st Signal BN, Germany
N72, 141st Signal BN, Germany
N35, 35th Signal BDE, Fort Bragg
N03, 22nd Signal BDE, Germany
N05, 22nd Signal BDE, Germany
N11, 22nd Signal BDE Germany
N93, Michigan National Guard
N61, 123rd Signal BN, Fort Stewart
N60, 123rd Signal BN, Fort Stewart
N65, 123rd Signal BN, Fort Stewart
N41 13th Signal BN, Fort Hood

     After the ground assault convoy to Baghdad, Node Center 76 was assigned to set up at Camp Bulldog, co-located with the 3rd Brigade TOC and the headquarters elements.   Node Center 76 seamlessly integrated with 141st Signal Battalion assets and took a significant portion of the network.  The Node Center adapted to new signal technologies by establishing links utilizing TACSAT and SMART-T terminals.  They also integrated different signal assemblages such as ATM SENs and ATM Node Centers.

     During the summer months, the node center encountered challenges brought on by the heat.  They overcame serious equipment issues in both the operations and switching shelters to provide excellent network and subscriber service.

     Node Center 76 performed excellently while experiencing a number of leadership changes.  There were changes to the node center section NCO positions, CPT Sullivan (the platoon leader) was transferred to 1-13 AR, and CPT O’Neal was replaced by CPT Warner as the company commander.

     The node center section contributed to the guard force at Camp Bulldog and pulled shifts at the gate and on the towers.  They performed their force protection and signal duties while under indirect fire from mortars and rockets.


      The transmission section excelled in several areas during OIF I.  During the initial set-up they utilized a 45 meter clock tower to set up their Line of Site antennas.  Their creativity and ability to adapt allowed them to bring in links that no other transmission sections in theatre were able to handle.

     The transmission section adapted to numerous challenges and an ever changing environment.  They worked through some heat issues with their basebands and BI/BIII radios burning up.  The section sergeant returned back to Fort Riley to PCS, and SSG King stepped up to be the new section sergeant.

     The transmission section was extremely helpful in supporting the company’s convoy missions in and around Baghdad.  They provided drivers, gunners, and TCs for countless missions to provide maintenance support to external signal sites.


       The 1st Platoon Extension Section provided excellent voice, NIPR, and SIPR communications to a wide variety of units and subscribers.  Their actions enabled the 3rd Brigade Combat Team and many other battalions to successfully carry out their war time mission.

     H51 was co-located with the node center.  Their subscribers included the BDE TOC, Hawk Troop, and the HHC medics.  H52 supported the 17th EN and 1-37 AR, allowing them to conduct daily combat operations and communicate with their higher headquarters, sister units, and subordinate units.  H53 moved throughout the area of operations supporting a number of battalions to include 4-27 FA, 1-13 AR, 70 EN, 2-70 AR, and 2-6 IN.  Their ability to jump quickly and adapt to new surroundings ensured reliable communications for all subscribers.  H75 supported 125th FSB and the entire Brigade Support Area, ensuring that the brigade logisticians had the communications support needed to complete their mission.  R76 was located with the node center and they provided valuable assistance in the platoon operations center.


1st Platoon

Platoon Leader: CPT Steve Bjorkman
Platoon Sergeant:  MSG Willie David


Local Subscribers:

HHC, 3rd Brigade
1-18 FA
55th MED
4-1 FA /  BDOC
70 EN
2-70 EN
263rd QM


NC 03,
NC 11, 327th Signal BN, Fort Bragg
NC 83, 134th Signal BN, Minnesota National Guard
NC 82, 51st Signal BN, Fort Bragg
NC 40, 133rd Signal BN, Illinois National Guard
NC 41, 133rd Signal BN, Illinois National Guard

     Upon arrival in Kuwait, 1st Platoon conducted an extensive Switch-Ex for the node center, four LOS V-3 shelters, four Small Extension Node Systems, and a Remote Access Unit System ensuring that all equipment was fully mission capable.  The platoon also installed level-3 up-armor on all vehicles to ensure safe passage to Camp Taji.

     When the 3rd Infantry Division moved to its forward area of operations, 1st Platoon left the Kuwait Staging Area on a Ground Assault Convoy and arrived 3 days later at Camp Taji, Iraq.  During the 72 hour, 350-mile Ground Assault Convoy the platoon provided aid to disabled vehicles along the route, pulled security during maintenance halts, providing communications to higher headquarters, and coordinated the maintenance and recovery efforts that enabled the entire platoon to arrive at Camp Taji with no injuries or losses to personnel or equipment.

     Upon arrival to Camp Taji, Node Center 76 was immediately tasked to relieve Node Center 40.  The Node Center section set up in record time and began to take shots one by one from NC40.  However, it was soon discovered that S110A and S110B had some internal problems (faulty wiring behind the A6 and A7 racks) that could not be quickly fixed, so both shelters were evacuated to Camp Liberty for repair.  NC5577 was put in place of NC5576 while it was a Camp Liberty.  After NC5576 came out of repair it was sent to 2nd Platoon at Camp Prosperity, and S210A and S210B were declared “NC76”.

     The 1st Platoon Node Center section demonstrated their excellence during a series of boards.  Three soldiers appeared before the promotion board and all three received recommendations for promotion, along with praise for their professionalism and leadership abilities.  The same three soldiers went to the Soldier of the Month board.  Two of them won the Soldier of the Month board and competed at the Soldier of the Quarter board, which one of them won.  Two of the node center section NCOs competed at the prestigious Audie Murphy Club Board, and one of them was inducted into the club.  All of this was done despite being in a combat zone.

     The Node Center section did many things to improve their site and working conditions.  They constructed a wooden shelter complete with insulation and air conditioning.  They fixed a large commercial generator to power the air conditioners within the building.

     Their actions during this deployment have set high standards for others to follow and to remind everyone that NC 76 is the best and will always be the 1st Node of the Chargers while Laying the Smack Down!


     The transmission section excelled in several areas during OIF 04-06.  Their teamwork and “Get It Done” attitude enabled them to engineer multiple LOS radio shots to provide stellar network coverage with internodal and subscriber links.

     The transmission section was extremely helpful in supporting the company’s convoy missions in and around Baghdad.  They provided drivers, gunners, and TCs for countless missions to provide maintenance support to external signal sites.

     The transmission section continued to perform admirably by leading the platoon in base defense operations at Ice House Gate.   They provided the majority of personnel for security operations at one of four entrance points to Camp Taji that processed between 1,000 - 5,000 vehicles and personnel daily.  Their hard work directly contributed to the safety of 12,500 US and Coalition Forces on Camp Taji and the success of the Company, Battalion, Brigade, and Division’s logistics support mission.


     The 1st Platoon Extension Section provided excellent voice, NIPR, and SIPR communications to a wide variety of units and subscribers.  Their actions enabled the 3rd Infantry Division, 3rd Brigade Combat Team, and many other battalions to successfully carry out their war time missions.

     H51 was located at the Camp Taji air field.  Their subscribers included the Taji air tower, ground control, and equipment maintenance sections.  They provided SIPR access to the air tower, enabling the air traffic controllers to monitor and access mission essential weather and air traffic control information.

     H52 was located on the CMATT side of Camp Taji.  They supported the 4th Marine Division military transition team and 1st Division Iraqi Intervention Force.  As a result of excellent voice and SIPR communications, the soldiers working with the Iraqi forces were able to better train and equip them to combat terrorists and insurgents.  Many times, the SIPR terminal was the only way for the Marine Commanders to communicate with their forward operating forces.

     H53 was located in the Living Support Area (LSA).  They supported 596 SIG, 4-1 FA, 70 EN, 125 FSB, 1-13 AR, and 3BCT HQ by providing phone service for the living quarters of the key leaders within the brigade.  Their excellent service enabled the maneuver elements to contact their key leaders at all hours of the night, ensuring exceptional command and control throughout the brigade.

     H75 supported the 125th FSB, 47th EOD, the Taji Fire Department, and Mortuary Affairs.  They were co-located with the 125th FSB at the Brigade Support Area.  Besides providing outstanding voice communications, they also helped their subscribers develop a method to run telephone wire on an aerial pole that significantly reduced the frequency of it being cut.

     The extension section sergeant was the 596th Signal Company Ground Assault Convoy Commander for a four vehicle team that executed over 100 tactical movements to the BIAP, Camp Liberty, Camp Falcon, Camp Prosperity, “Bulldog” Brigade FOB (Camp Taji) and various external Signal sites in order to provide maintenance, Class I, Class IV, and Class IX support to other teams and platoons within the company.



OIF 04-06

                         2nd Platoon History

Platoon Leader:  1LT Sherri Sears, 1LT Danny Berndt
Platoon Sergeant:  SFC Jerome Schweitzer


Local Subscribers:

10th Mountain Division
82nd Airborne Division
Various National Guard units

  Node Center

      2nd Platoon, 596th Signal Company received mission orders to provide area MSE communications in southern Baghdad.  Our main Operations Base was out of Camp Dogwood, located approximately 40 miles south of Baghdad, Iraq.  Camp Dogwood was under the command of DISCOM, 1st Armored Division (1AD).  We worked with C Company, 141st Signal Company and their Large Extension Node (LEN).

     N77 supported the communication needs of Camp Dogwood and provided the technical expertise to C Co. 141st Signal Company in the maintenance of their equipment.  This was the first deployment in which the company was integrated with TACTSAT and SMART-T transmission systems.

     Camp Dogwood deactivated in December of 2003, which caused NC77 to reestablish their platoon operations at the Baghdad International Airport (BIAP).  Upon our arrival, we initiated recovery and system deep cleaning procedures in preparation for future missions.

     Despite a mid-tour change of command, 2nd platoon continued to provide flawless service to their supporting units.  1LT Sears commanded from April to October of 2003, and was later replaced by 1LT Berndt.

     In January of 2004, N77 was tasked to provide communications support to 1-13 AR at FOB Gunner in northeastern Baghdad.  Our main mission was to provide SIPR access to the command, which allowed them to obtain immediate and time sensitive intelligence.

     On the following month, N77 received another mission to deploy to Camp Bulldog, the command operations base of 3rd Brigade, 1st AD.  2nd Platoon was integrated into the guard force and executed daily signal tasks.  While there, N77 received the mission to relieve N71, which had to be sent to the Electronic Maintenance for repairs.  NC 71 was fixed two weeks later, allowing NC77 to rejoin the company at Camp Bulldog.


  2nd Platoon

Platoon Leader:  2LT Vanara Soeung
Platoon Sergeant:  SFC Meveran G. E. Banks


Local Subscribers:

4th Brigade, 3rd Infantry Division’s TOC


NC 5883:
NC 5283:  B/134 SIG (256th)
L78: 596th Signal Company
JNN: 4-3 BTB, 4th Brigade, 3rd Infantry Division

     Upon arrival to Kuwait, 2nd platoon, “Mighty Deuce,” conducted an extensive Switch-Ex for the node center, four Small Extension Node Systems, four LOS V-3 shelters, and a Remote Access Unit System ensuring that the equipment was fully mission capable.  In addition, they installed level 3 up armor on their 24 vehicles in preparations for the Ground Assault Convoy. 

     The company conducted a 72 hour, 350-mile Ground Assault Convoy from Kuwait to Taji, Iraq.  During this convoy, 2nd platoon successfully conducted proper battle drills, providing security during maintenance stops and assistance for disabled vehicles along the route.

     Upon arrival to Taji, N77 was tasked to set up an MSE network at Camp Prosperity in support of 4th Brigade, 3rd Infantry Division.  However, a week or so before the vehicles and equipment were scheduled to be line hauled, 1st platoon began encountering problems with their switch.  Because 2nd platoon had the only other functional switch at the time, the command made a decision to replace 1st platoon’s switch with 2nd platoon’s switch.  Unfortunately for 2nd platoon, they had to sign their switch over to 1st platoon so that 1st platoon can carry on with their mission.

     In the meantime, 2nd platoon fell in under NC 5282, a reserved node center from B/134 SIG (256th) National Guard Unit.   NC5282 was an asset that B/134th Signal did not have in system at that particular time.  2nd platoon now had a very challenging task at hand because they were going to have to put in system a switch that they were not familiar with its current conditions.

     Nevertheless, with the experience and expertise of the switch operators in 2nd platoon, they were able to quickly bring up the node center in record time providing one of only two operational vantage links in theater.    However, since 256th was scheduled to leave in September, there was a big push to get NC 76 fixed so that they can send NC 77 back to 2nd platoon.

     Yet, it did not go as planned.  NC 76 came back from Liberty with repairs but 1st platoon was still running into technical issues when testing it out.  Because NC 76 was not operational at that particular time, they could not conduct a Relief in Place (RIP) for NC 77; therefore, they sent they sent the broken switch down to 2nd platoon.

     Once again, with the expertise and experience of 2nd platoon’s switch operators, they were able to build a database from scratch and successfully bring up NC 76 in no time.

     The node center section contributed to the guard force at Camp Prosperity.  They pulled shifts at the gate and on the towers performing force protection and their signal duties while under direct and indirect fire from small arms, mortars, and rocket attacks.

     In addition, they skillfully constructed a wooden platoon command post from very limited resources to establish a functional operations center for the management section.  Here, daily operations and tasks were sent up to the company for accountability upon mission completion.

     In addition, they also created their own MWR area, which was equipped with a television and an AFN satellite allowing soldiers to watch the news, their favorite shows, and major sporting events

     Despite the unexpected setbacks and the overwhelming odds, 2nd platoon always found a way to adjust fire and complete its mission.  Their determination and desire to excel exemplifies their dedication to duty and to mission accomplishment.  They are always ready for a challenge and are always chosen for the toughest tasks, which demonstrate that the “Mighty Deuce” will always be the best platoon and will always as the company would say, “GET IT DONE!”


     The transmission section did great things during OIF 04-06.  During the initial set-up, they hand carried three Line of Site antennas to the top of Saddam’s palace, often known as the Four Heads Palace, to establish the best possible shot.  In addition, they spent countless hours running wires and cables through ducts and under roadways along the busy road to ensure the longevity and serviceability of their cables and wires.  Their continual maintenance ensured that their equipment and vehicles were fully mission capable.


     H61 was located at Camp Hope.  They have been providing excellent voice, NIPR, and SIPR communications with minimal communications outages to 3-15th Infantry Battalion.  H61’s outstanding service allowed their subscribers to have reliable phone service and access to mission essential information through the SIPR net.

     H62 has moved around more than any other SEN in the company.  H62 supported 2nd BDE’s NETOPS while at Camp Loyalty.  In April, they jumped to BIAP and began supporting 2nd BDE’s Military Transition Team (MiTT).  In May, they were given another mission to jump with 2nd BDE’s MiTT to the Ministry of Defense (MOD). While at the MOD, they constantly came in contact with small arms fire as they were emplacing their antennas during the initial setup of their system.   Even under such adverse conditions, H62 continued to provide 2nd BDE with steadfast service allowing them to carry on with their wartime mission in the establishment and in the training of the new Iraqi Army.

     H63 was located at Camp Freedom.  They supported B/1-184 IN, 126 MP, 43 VET, and 55th MED.  Their excellent service gave these units and their commanders access to stellar voice, data, NIPR and SIPR communications.

     H76 was located at Camp Independence.  Their unswerving service allowed 10th Group Special Forces and 4-64 Infantry to dedicate themselves to the ongoing missions of mounted and dismounted patrols along Haifa Street, one of the most dangerous streets in Baghdad.



OIF 04-06

Large Extension Node (LEN)

Platoon Leader: 2LT Wolfe
Platoon Sergeant: SFC D’Andrea

     The LEN platoon supported 1st Armored Division which was commanded by General Dempsey.  They were located at BIAP in an area called “tent city.”  They had between seventeen to eighteen people staying in three small GP tents put together and had one air conditioner cooling off the three tents.  Just like it sounds, it was mighty hot.

     While at BIAP, the platoon enjoyed a very nice gym and a nice DFAC.  In addition, entertainers such as Drew Carey, Bob Hope, Robin Williams, David Letterman and his band, and the WWE all paid a visit to the soldiers.

     The LEN had some issues with the switch overheating.  In August, the switching shelter caught on fire because someone plugged in a CA-67A/U, a new DNVT phone.  That sent too much power back to the switch which set the DLPMA card on fire.   In addition, a couple of the buildings around their site caught on fire due to the extreme heat.

     From there, they jumped to Falcon to support the 2-504th Parachute Infantry regiment and part of the 82nd Airborne Division providing them with over a 90% call completion rate.

            Large Extension Node (LEN)

Platoon Leader: 2LT Young
Platoon Sergeant:  SFC Troxel

     The LEN platoon arrived in Kuwait on 02 February 2005.  After testing their equipment and repacking for movement to Iraq, they were told that their platoon would be line hauled.

     Several members of the LEN platoon were used to augment convoy security and assist with driving and TC responsibilities for the other platoons.  SGT Rowson, CPL Williams, SPC Hick, SPC Barnett, SPC Johnson, and SPC Avelar all participated in the convoy that departed on 15 February.  The convoy avoided contact with enemy forces and arrived at Camp Taji three days later.

     The line hauled vehicles did not leave Kuwait until 27 February.  The personnel that did not leave the convoy began their flight process a few days later.  They were bused to Al Sheehim (SP) airfield and loaded a C-130 only to unload about an hour later due to aircraft mechanical problems.  Flying aboard a C-130 was a new experience for most of them which added to the apprehension and or excitement of the trip.  They boarded another plane about 2 hours later and arrived at Baghdad International Airport.  They spent the night at Camp Striker.  On the following day, they were lined up in chalks to fly aboard the Chinooks to Camp Taji.  However, the Chinooks were grounded for a defective part.  It took them 12 hours to get everyone from BIAP to Taji.

     They left Taji on 3 April and flew into LZ Washington.  They stayed at Camp Prosperity for approximately one week and waited for the arrival of their vehicles for further deployment to Camp Falcon.

     The LEN is currently attached to 3/7th IN Battalion (Cotton balers).  Some of the other units located at Camp Falcon are 6/8 CAV, 703rd FSB, 3/3 ACR and a number of ARNG and Reserve units.  Most of the units here were unhappy with the VOIP phone service and valued the MSE phones for telephone communication.

     The LEN initially installed radio links with NC77 and NC83.  The LEN also cabled a link to FES 80.  In late May, FES 80 moved.   They also dropped NC83’s link replacing it with SEN 43.  Their current network configuration is NC77, and NC40.

     The majority of the platoon was happy about going to Falcon as they were there for the last deployment.  There were many positive changes since they have last seen it.  There was now a very nice DFAC, a well equipped gym, and large adequately stocked PX.  They had their own finance, laundry facility, airfield, and an Immediate Care Treatment Facility.  Many of them also enjoyed the locally operated smoothie shop.  Power was not a problem as there are numerous large generators supplying a constant amount of 220 power.  Each room had a large window AC unit that could freeze anyone on the hottest days of the summer season.   The LEN platoon used their ingenuity to construct a ductwork and a sheet metal box to run cold air to their switch in order to keep it cool and operational during the blistering summer season.  They were fortunate to have a KBR maintenance shop located there that were willing to fix any of the vehicle’s mechanical problems and perform routine scheduled services. 



OIF 04-06

SYSCON Section

     The 596th Signal Company SYSCON Section consisted of SFC Barrer, SSG Arias, SGT Tello, SGT Burger, SGT White, SPC Etris, and for a short time SPC Miller and SPC Jones.  SFC Reinhardt joined the section during the middle of the deployment.

The Network Plans, Engineering, and Controllers Section

     The SYSCON Section was hand chosen to lead the signal assets into deployment to Iraq. They assisted in the coordination and the development of a comprehensive plan to integrate the company with 141st Signal BN.  Upon arrival in Kuwait, SFC Barrer and SSG Arias conducted an extensive switch-ex in record time for 6 Node Centers, 2 Large Extension Nodes, and 24 Small Extension Nodes, ensuring that all of the equipment was fully mission capable.  This exercise ensured that all soldiers were proficient in their equipment, which increased the overall readiness of the 596th Signal Company, the 141st Signal BN, and the 1st Armored Division.

     SFC Barrer and SSG Arias were the main points of contact in troubleshooting the MSE network.  They dedicated countless hours to the overall planning, the engineering, and the improving of the MSE voice and data network that supported 1AD Main, 1AD DISCOM, 4BCT's 3ACR, 2ACR, and 2/82 ABN.  They helped manage over 2,542 SIPR and 250 NIPR IP addresses providing commanders access to classified and unclassified information.  These efforts allowed the 141st Signal Battalion to provide over 20 VTC's improving the Soldiers’ morale during Operation Iraqi Freedom I.

     SFC Barrer was selected by the 141st Signal Battalion SYSCON over their own senior NCO's to be the NCOIC of 1AD’s network due to his vast knowledge and experience of voice and data systems.  He and SSG Arias were responsible for the CISCO router upgrade required by Division to improve the security of SIPR and NIPR access.  His initiative was invaluable as all of the units had complete, clear, concise plans for their communication assets.

     596th Signal Company’s vast knowledge of the automated systems proved to be invaluable when it came to the success of the division TOC.  During Operation Long Street, 596th Signal Company managed and emplaced a critical radio link which was essential in establishing a reach back network for 2/82 ABN.  They also provided the 1457th Engineer Battalion communication support to build Kirzah range, which exceeded the planning range for UHF radios.  In addition, hours after the bombing of the United Nations building in Baghdad, 596th Signal Company rapidly deployed their SEN in order to restore voice, data, NIPR, and SIPR capabilities to the command and control allowing them to continue with their operations.

     SGT Tello was proven to be invaluable during the initial phase of Operation Iraqi Freedom I.  His superb communications skills enabled him to become a network controller, troubleshooting any and all problems with voice, data, SIPR and NIPR access throughout the THSDN/MSE network.  He was called upon several times to assist the 141st electronic maintenance team in issues that they were encountering with the wire line systems.

     SGT Tello's "never quit" attitude and his exceptional duty performance is exemplifies the highest standard of military service.  He was known to be the best cable "dog" by the support personnel within the 141st Signal Battalion.  He also served as network controller during the most critical initial stages of installing the MSE network, putting in countless hours troubleshooting the myriad of communications problems within the network during early stages of development.  He gave more than 100% of his effort ensuring communications problems were immediately discovered and personally coordinated with 141st Signal Battalion's Electronic Maintenance Section personnel to respond to over 50 trouble calls to remote sites and distant node centers.

     While serving as a Network Controller in the 141st Signal Battalion ISYSCON, SPC Etris was personally responsible for ensuring that the daily reports that reflected the status of the network were continually updated.  He was also responsible for briefing the command group on the status of any major changes to the MSE network on a daily basis.

     SPC Etris did an outstanding job while serving as a network controller.  SPC Etris was the only Soldier in the section to work in every single facet of the SYSCON section.  He worked with great dedication to further improve his skills by volunteering to help with the electronic maintenance section and by assisting with job orders.  He also spent many hours assisting the automation specialist with loading software.

  The Automations section

     SGT Burger was deployed as the only Information Management Officer (IMO) with the 125th Forward Support Battalion.  He was personally responsible for ensuring that over 35 automated software systems were validated prior to deployment.  He was directly responsible for a V Corps directed router upgrade for all routers within the 1AD.  This NCO displayed his tenacious "can do" attitude by coordinating with any unit that was conducting movement to areas where our communication assets were located.  He was able to reach all communication teams spread out over a 200 square mile radius within a five day period.  He personally upgraded over 35 computer systems by himself, ensuring that all subscribers in our network had continued access to the SIPR net.

The C&E Section

     The C& E Section was also part of the SYSCON Section during OIF I.  They consisted of SGT White and for a short while SPC Lugo and SPC Jones.  SGT White's flexibility and willingness to mission accomplishment contributed enormously to the establishment of the 141st Signal Battalion's SYSCON TOC during OIF.  He also volunteered to train Soldiers and NCOs on the PSC-7 TACSAT radio system.  His expertise in telecommunications operation and troubleshooting greatly increased SYSCON's ability to receive and disseminate information from higher HQ's to the subordinate units.


     3rd Infantry Division’s Network Operations Center (NETOPS) is responsible for the installation, operation, maintenance and frequency management of the Division’s voice and data network in the Army’s first forward deployed Joint Nodal Network (JNN).  Furthermore, they are responsible for 7 different maneuver brigades, 8 JNN nodes, 24 Command Post Nodes (CPN), 5 Node Centers (NC), 31 Small Extension Nodes (SEN) including over 97 Line of Sight (LOS) links and 19 satellite links between JNN, CPN, and MSE.

     NETOPS is also responsible for the operation and control of the Army’s newest Command and Control communication tool on the modern battlefield, the Command Post of the Future (CPOF).   The CPOF is a voice and data system that enables the Brigade Combat Team Commanders to provide the Division Commanding General real time updates on the ground battle.




Webmaster:  John Osbeck